1031 Exchange Services from an Industry Leader
Your Qualified Intermediary should handle your exchange funds with a sense of care and trust, offering financial strength, experience, and nationwide service, along with solid credentials in facilitating tax-deferred exchanges.
We are not asking you to trust us without reason - here are several reasons why you can rest assured that you will make the right decision in trusting First American Exchange Company.
- First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) is a leading provider of title insurance and settlement services to the real estate and mortgage industries, that traces its heritage back to 1889. With revenues of $9.2 billion in 2021, the company offers its products and services directly and through its agents and partners in all 50 states and abroad.
- Our exchange funds are strictly deposited with FDIC insured institutions with investment grade ratings (or which are subsidiaries of investment grade institutions). First American’s Treasury team closely monitors the financial stability of these institutions. We do not invest any exchange funds in any securities.
- Exchange funds are held in segregated bank deposit accounts designated with the taxpayer’s name and tax identification number.
- We operate as a direct subsidiary of First American Title Insurance Company. First American Title Insurance Company is the largest subsidiary of First American Financial Corporation. This means that in most instances we can provide an indemnification letter protecting your transaction from loss of funds in the unlikely event of negligence, fraud, or dishonesty on the part of First American Exchange Company or its employees.
- As a subsidiary of a publicly traded company, we are governed by the financial reporting and disclosure requirements set forth in the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- We maintain a multimillion-dollar fidelity bond and a professional liability insurance policy from a leading independent insurance underwriter.
- We have attorneys on staff throughout our offices nationwide.
Have additional questions for us? Ask your question here. Want to get started with your exchange? Start yours here.
- Stay up to date on the 1031 exchange industry, sign up for updates here.